Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 10: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

It is finally here! The 10th and last book in one of my favorite series!I have only read some of it so far...but, as always, I love it. I am sad that this series will end.

If you haven't read it, I encourage you to start. I love the characters. I love the action. I love everything about it. Great read for 4th and up!

Summary of first book:
Like the other 15-year-old wards of Castle Redmont, Will is nervous about Choosing Day, when each of them will be assigned to a different master for training. Though his dearest wish is to enter the Battleschool, his small stature prevents it. Instead, Will is apprenticed to the grim-faced, mysterious Ranger. Soon Will learns that becoming a ranger is more difficult, dangerous, and worthwhile than he had imagined. He earns the respect of his elders and the friendship of a former foe, but all this is prelude to the great adventure that follows, when his skills wielding a knife and keeping a heightened awareness of his surroundings become vital to the survival of his mentor and the safety of the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment