Thursday, August 25, 2011

What am I Reading Right Now?

Dystopian novels...recently, I made a booklist (you can pick it up at the library). I had read a lot of the newer books, but while I was making the list I noticed I had missed a number of the older, well-known ones. I had always wanted to read them, but there are soooo many books for middle school and YA, that I always have a long list! And then they just keep coming out with more!

So, I read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: I liked it. It was an interesting concept. I do want to read the next book, Pretties, to see what happened. But, there wasn't enough action for me to love it.
I read Feed by M.T. Anderson: I really did not enjoy this one. It's so chaotic and rambling for me. The heavy slang was a distraction. I didn't feel like I got to know the characters at all and I didn't like any of them.
Now, I am reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: so far, it is very interesting and Ender is an interesting character. I want to find out more about him and what happens to him. I will come back to this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment