Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

I finally finished another book! Since I have returned to school, I haven't had much time to read for pleasure- yuck! There are so many good books on  my list!

One of our patrons suggested this trilogy and I really liked the first book. I will definitely read the next two so I can find out what happens. The third book just came out- The Death Cure.

In the Maze Runner, Thomas wakes up in a place called the Glade with no memory except his first name. There are other boys there in the same situation. There is a maze that surrounds the Glade and every morning the doors open to the maze and every night they close, thankfully, to keep out awful things called Grievers. Every 30 days a new boy is delivered to the Glade, but next the first girl arrives and she brings a message.

This was a fast read and a page-turner. I really wanted to know what happened next. I thought it was an interesting concept and enough action, suspense and character development to keep me interested. It ended in a great cliff hanger!

I don't generally read science fiction, but I would definitely suggest this trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment