Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Good, The Bad and the Read It Again

When I chose the name of this blog, my intention was to suggest books that children 1st-8th grade might like, books to simply avoid or books that are so good that they need to be revisited! But I never categorized them that way! I never gave them 3 out of 4 stars for example. When I was thinking about rating them to make it a better resource for visitors, I thought about the name of the blog!

So, I am going back to each title and adding them to a list- The Good, The Bad or The Read It Again. Hopefully, this will help visitors choose what books to read.

As I began to do this, I noticed very quickly that I have few books in The Bad list. The reason is that I generally read books that I have read good reviews about or are on lists of books that there is a buzz about that might be potential award winners. So, if I add a book to the The Bad list, I must not have liked it at all!

Of course, it goes without saying, that blogs are totally the blogger's opinion- the book might be perfect for someone else! But, if you see a pattern, that the books I enjoy, you seem to enjoy, it might help you choose the next book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment