Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Doomsday Box: A Shadow Project Adventure

The Doomsday Box by Herbie Brennan:
When the CIA created a program to research time travel in the 1940s, they never imagined it could lead to a global pandemic decades later. But after an undercover agent, code name Cobra, exploits the time-travel operation to send the black plague into the twenty-first century, the supernatural teen spies of the Shadow Project are recruited to go back in time to Cold War-era Russia and prevent this devastating chain of events from occurring.

This is a sequel to The Shadow Project. In the beginning, I thought it was interesting- secret mission, time-travel, black plague and astral projection (out-of-body travel). Wow! Right? But by the time I got to the middle, it just fizzled out for me. I didn't feel connected to the characters and I didn't really want to find out what happened to them. In fact, I was very tempted to skip a few pages. For me, it just wasn't a good fit. But there is a reader for every book out there, so if you are a fan of the Alex Rider books, you might want to try this one out! Let me know what YOU think.

No comments:

Post a Comment