Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel

Ok, here is another series that I am adding to my short list of series that I WILL continue to read the entire series! No, this isn't a new series. It came out in 2007. The fifth book in the series will be out in May. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't usually read entire series. I read the first one to know what the books are about, but that's it. There are toooooo many books to read to stick with 6 or 8 books in a series. But this one I will continue reading.

Josh and Sophie are 15 year-old twins that could possibly be the most powerful magicians the world has ever seen. They get wrapped up in the life of the alchemist, Nicholas Flamel, and his wife who have found the secret of immortality and are being chased by an evil magician. Flamel believes the twins are mentioned in a prophecy in the ancient Codex. They encounter all sorts of mythological and legendary beings as they stay one step ahead of the evil, Dee, and his allies.

Great action and suspense! Fantastic mix of history, mythology, science and more. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment