Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eggs Over Evie

It's been a year since her parents divorced. Evie is dealing with all the emotions of missing her father, seeing her mother change and news of her father's new wife having twins! Mixed into the book are many references to recipes and cooking as Evie's father is a celebrity chef and Evie plans on becoming one, too.

I thought the voice of Evie was very truthful and believable as she struggled through all the emotions and changes in her life. I found the cooking part of the book a distraction, though. Unless your child is a true foodie, I am not sure they would really understand the quotes from famous cooks that begin each chapter. The included recipes seem a little strange to me as well. Are children really going to try them? The best part of the book for me was the relationships she developed with the people in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment