Monday, February 20, 2012

Vordak the Incomprehensible: How to Grow Up and Rule the World

From selecting the most dastardly name, to choosing the ideal henchmen, to engaging in witty repartee with disgustingly chipper superheroes, experienced supervillain Vordak the Incomprehensible guides readers step-by-step toward the ultimate goal of world domination (from his parents' basement in Trenton, New Jersey).
With chapter titles like "Bringing Out the Evil" and "Building a Top-Notch Evil Organization," numerous bold illustrations, and detailed quizzes to assess your level of dastardliness, this book provides everything necessary to rise above the masses, and then rub your ascent in their faces.


I read a lot of goofy 'boy' books and actually usually enjoy them, but this one for me was so over the top that I couldn't get through it all. Not to say, the boys won't like it. It just was too much for me. It was funny for the first couple of chapters, but then never stopped being the same thing over and over. I would suggest it to 3rd grade boys and up and I do think they will like it, but I'll have to wait and hear from them to know for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment