Monday, February 20, 2012

Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book 1 by Colin Meloy

When her baby brother is kidnapped by crows, Prue McKeel begins an adventure that will take her and her friend Curtis way beyond her hometown and deep into the Impassable Wilderness. There they uncover a secret world in the midst of violent upheaval, a world full of warring creatures, peace-loving mystics and powerful figures with the darkest intentions. What begins as a rescue mission becomes something much bigger as the two friends find themselves entwined in a struggle for the very freedom of this wilderness. A wilderness the locals call Wildwood.

This remined me a lot of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. These kids are in this other world, there's a nasty witch, animals talk, the kids are predestined to be there, etc... It was an ok book for me. The plot and characters seemed all too familiar. Nothing I would try to convince you to read. It was a bit too slow for me. I had the urge to skip ahead many times. It appears it's going to be a series or trilogy and I don't think I will be reading the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment