Saturday, February 25, 2012

Skulduggery Pleasant- Death Bringer

The Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy (an Irish author) is one of my all-time favorite series. The fast-paced dialog and wit make me laugh out loud! The characters are incredible and the action is non-stop.

This is the 6th book in the series of nine. The first three were published in the US, but now they have stopped publishing the rest here. I don't know why. I am trying to find out. So, I have been purchasing the series from the UK Amazon store! Just got this one in.

I was not disappointed! Great book. But one of the main characters, Valkyrie, who started off in the first book at age 12 is now almost 17. So, the books have matured slightly. Also, since these books were published for the UK, there are words used that are unfamiliar. Just a warning...but I stilled loved it! The first books I said were fine for 4th grade and up, but now I would probably say 7th and up on this one.

Just to recap, Skulduggery Pleasant is a sorcerer, an undead skeleton and a detective. He teams up with a "normal" teenage girl, named Stephanie, after her uncle Gordon, who has friends with Skulduggery, was murdered. Skulduggery teaches Stephanie magic and the two go off on adventures to fight the evil in the world of sorcerers.




No comments:

Post a Comment