Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh O'Brien

Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime. In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole?
 
This is a Young Adult book. Just so you know....
 
 
Now, in this blog, I typically blog about books for 1st through 8th grades. But I do read a lot of YA books and I am going to add them as well, just in case someone is lurking that might be old enough to read them :)
 
Prized is the second book in the trilogy and I think I might have liked it even more than the first book, but I am not sure because it was a while ago that I read the first one! I enjoy dystopian books and this is a good one. I definitely will read the last one when it comes out. As with Hunger Games, Graceling, Uglies and more, there is a strong heroine in this story that is faced with peril, loss,  heartache and difficult decisions where her beliefs are put to the test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment